Wednesday, 24 December 2014

Joy: Christmas Card Tutorial

Hello! Hope you are all doing well. I've finally managed to poke my head up from my CHA Projects Mountain to share with you my final Christmas card of this year, along with a tutorial.

I love these vintage colours with a slight grungey theme.

Step 1: To start I've layered old snowflake stickers and chipboard shapes onto kraft card.

Step 2: Covering with a coat of gesso.

Step 3: Here I'm wiping away te excess with a wet wipe to give a lighter, white washed shabby finish.

Step 4: Adding Aqua India ink and misting with water.

Step 5: Next I'm adding Sepia ink for contrast.

Step 6: After drying with a heat gun I'm highlighting with some green Distress ink.

Step 7: I've adding dry wall mesh tape and rubbed a clear ink pad over then sprinkled over embossing powder and paste.

Step 8: Coloring a resin frame with Color  Bloom mist. This is a great way to get your embellies co-ordinating!

Step 9: Now back onto the card assembley. I've scrunched, ripped and distressed the edges of my backing papers which adds real dimension.

Step 10: Back onto the applied Clear Gel sprinkling with glass glitter

Step 11:  Highlighting areas with Clear Crackle paste and glitter.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and happy holidays x

Tuesday, 16 December 2014

Steampunk Altered Doll

Hello lovelies! I'm sharing a bit of fun today, in the form of "Steampunk Barbie". I created this project for Mixed Media Place's Go 3D challenge.

I've had this idea in my head for a while now and had the doll on stand by, ready and waiting to be altered!

Our girl's hair has been "gelled" with heavy white gesso and coloured with black mist - in a slightly Cruella fashion ;)

And the back view.Her clothes are orginals which I painted with black gesso then decorated with cotton wool "fur" and a feather neckline. I finished off with a spritz of mica mist.

The ripped, grungy skirt was made from fabric scraps and tulle net. I used Finnabair's checkered mask for some texture and of course some safety pins just *had* to be included.

All steampunk girls need funky canes, this one being made from a wooden skewer and some metals. And check out the large diamond!

I think one of my favourite elements to this creation was the top hat and head piece, which I made with some plastic oddments adding tulle net, deconstructered flower and feathers.

Bye for now,