Monday 23 January 2012

New Year, New Start

Over at The Ribbon Reel  blog we welcome you to another fun fortnightly challenge! Zuzana is our fab host for this week and has chosen the theme New Year, New Start and asks you create a card / project with your
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION
and RIBBONS / TWINE and a BUTTON.


For my 'resolution' I've chosen a Time theme - it won't wait for anyone. This applies in two ways - to be more organised and to get on and go for things in life!

I have gone a tad grungy for this one a la Tim Holtz.  Lots of distressed edges, inks and metal embellishments. It's the first time I've tried a wax seal, and they are so fun to do! I thought the 7Gypsies clock face wax 'stamp' was perfect for this card. The beautiful ribbons are: Ivory Crochet Lace, Silk Ribbon, Gold Silky Crush, Antique Gold Velvet ribbon all from The Ribbon Reel.




2 comments:

  1. Great grungy look on your tag - I love the clock face on the tag. I think your interpretation of your resolution is super!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran, your card is breathtaking. I love every single bit. I've got some wax seal from my wedding - I think I will try to use it next time :0)

    Zuz. x x (hug)

    ReplyDelete