Friday 17 June 2011

On A Roll


Hello and we have a new challenge over at Daring Cardmakers, this week our dare-host is Kathy, who has set the theme 'Rockin All Over The World'. We want we'd like you to make a Wobble Card - these are cards which have a curved base so that when you tap them they rock, or wobble from side to side.
Now what you put on your card is up to you, BUT if you're up for a bit more of a challenge, how about adding something of a pun, and giving your card a "rocking" theme too?
Rock and Roll, Rocking Horse, You Rock My World, Whisky on the Rocks, Rocket Man ....ohhh the list is (almost) endless..




For my card, I started off with a die cut circle folded in half, but decided it wasn't big enough so opted to draw around a small plate to give me some more space. I cut a smaller circle from the green Basic Grey paper and die cut the backing layers. I was going with an afternoon tea theme and this vintage digi image from Etsy was perfect.

This is the first outing of the oh-so-cute memo pins by Tim Holtz, which I used to pin my greeting and just finished the card off with ruffled ribbons and a layered flower with tissue paper and pearl string.




I'll be entering it in The Shabby Tearoom 'Pink Lemonade' challenge
Simon Says Stamps Challenge 'Bingo' (bottom across - shape, ribbon, sentiment)

Core'dinations 'Whitewash' card
Paper rose, The Ribbon Reel
My Minds Eye 'J'Adore' paper
Pebbles Inc. pink polka paper
Basic Grey 'Tidings/Wintermint' paper
Bo Bunny 'Gabrielle' chipboard butterfly
Tea cup image, Etsy
Greeting, Pink Petticoat 'Sweet Sentiments'
Perfect Pearls
Pearls



7 comments:

  1. Oh Fran this is such a pretty card - absolutely love it!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is soooooooo beautiful I adore those ribbons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooooo pretty - WOW! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room this week, Fran :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous! Love, love love all the pretties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning details Fran - so shaby and sweet. I love your rocking card :0)

    Zuz. x x

    ReplyDelete